What is Firewall Management?
Firewall works as a network security system which is designed to prevent unauthorized access to or from a private network. Firewall Management Services makes sure to protect you against threats from the public Internet. The services focus on providing visibility, actionable intelligence, compliance reporting and incident management with regard to the firewall. The qualified resources follow a defined process to address Incident and Change requests.
- Keeps your firewall services updated for improved network protection.
- Extends capabilities for log file analysis and firewall monitoring with device uptime, health check-up and alerts.
- Device upgrades, configuration changes.
- Daily reporting, auditing and compliance.
Firewalls provide protection against outside attackers by shielding your computer or network from malicious or unnecessary Internet traffic. Firewalls can be configured to block data from certain locations while allowing the relevant and necessary data through. Firewalls also are used to compartmentalize internal systems with HIPPAA, PCI and other Level 1 data from systems that may not have the same level of sensitivity and/or security requirements.
Firewall management provides multiple capabilities within this general service offering that include:
- Initial consultation prior to implementation
- Ongoing firewall tuning and performance optimization
- Business hours rule creation and modification and emergency on-call as needed